1. What is your role in GMMRTT and what does it mean for our group?I joined Sharon and Kendra 2 1/2 years ago, just looking to be involved, at the time I didn’t even know it was a national running group; I thought it was just a small group of women who wanted someone to run with, and I knew I wanted to not only be a part of it, but to help it grow and share how awesome it is. I started reaching out to local running stores, race directors and started trying to grow our group through branding and community outreach. My involvement now, is different day to day. I work with Kendra and Sharon on monitoring the board, meeting with them to see how we can grow effectively, trying to be involved in our community (Girls on the Run, Runner’s Alley Night, Cleaning Up Manchester on Earth Day etc). The three of us actively work together daily to make sure the boards are running smoothly, members are joining group runs, maintenance issues, and to run ideas by each other.
2. How has being a Chapter Leader for GMMRTT impacted your life?Oh my gosh, I don’t know if words can describe what it has done for me. Women stopping me randomly to thank me, or because they recognize me, is something I will never get used to. I think the biggest impact is what you all have given me. I am a better person because of you, you all inspire me and drive me to be better. Explaining this group to strangers is always funny; how do you describe that we have a group of 1500 women that lift each other up DAILY, inspire each other DAILY, and aren’t catty? Women that you barely know and you share your deepest fears, darkest secrets, and biggest triumphs with. I would never be able to fully explain the impact you all have had on me.
3. Share WHY you run. What do you love about it?I started running because I thought that’s what you did when you were in your 30’s. I continued running because I realized it tremendously helped my anxiety. Now I do it because I love it, and its my outlet.
4. Describe your proudest running moment.Ahhhhh I don’t think I can pick just one proud moment for running. Each of my big moments have lead me to where I am now, A sub 30 5k (27:57), two half marathons, running double digit miles for the first time, finishing that damn 10 miler. I can’t pick! lol
5. What is your favorite distance or race to run?
I think my favorite race distance is the 10K, there aren’t a lot of them, and I wish there were more.
6. Where is your favorite running spot?My favorite running spot would be anywhere near the ocean, Rte 1 in NH, Old Orchard Beach, anywhere where the salt hits my face.
7. When you get the runchies what do you grab first?I truthfully try to ward off the runchies. I am a very, very VERY bad eater if I let my hunger go. I don’t eat before I run, so I plan to eat after, and when I run long I make sure I eat every 2 hours(fruit, yogurt, picky bar etc)
8. What is the craziest, wildest or strangest thing that ever happened during a run?While running Cigna last year a girl threw up on my foot as we were cresting the hill at the end. I wasn’t expecting it, and almost lost it myself, but due to that I finished very strong and earned my first sub 30 time! If that girl is one of you, you owe me a new pair of socks 😉 lol
9. If you could go for a run with one person, who would it be, and why?My husband. He is a non-runner, the guy that would put 0.0 on the back of his car. Chris is super supportive, but wants nothing to do with running. I am always so jealous of you all that have husbands who run.
10. What’s one running accessory you can’t leave home without?My phone! God forbid I don’t have my nike app and music!
11. What is your current running goal or area you’d like to improve on?My goal is to run happy and stay injury free. Coming off of a long 5 months with barely running taught me that cross training is a legit thing and every runner should do it. I have kept my mileage down and am giving myself the year to run for fun and not for time or distance.
12. What do you do for work?I am the buyer for a large orthopedic group. I basically spend other peoples money for a living 😉
13. Do you have any kids? If yes, how many, what are their ages and what is your favorite thing to do with them?I have two children, a 7 year old and a 17 year old and I love to just be with them. We have a very busy schedule, like most of you, so just hanging around being goofballs is my absolute favorite thing.
14. Besides running and working out, what do you love to do?I love to read, explore(driving, walking, hiking), and be with friends and family
15. What’s your favorite vacation spot?My favorite vacation spot would be anywhere near the ocean. Florida, Main, North Carolina- doesn’t matter. I love them all.
16. When life and/or the run gets tough, what’s your go to mantra?The 3 Cs in life, you must make the Choice to take the Chance or your life will never Change