Name: Kristen C.
How many kids: 4 kids (ages 9, 8, just turned 7 and a 5 year old who thinks he’s 10) *Obviously, there was no need for me to answer the question later in this profile “Why do you run?”! ☺
Location: Bedford (if you really want to find me, best places to look would be the deli line at Market Basket, any aisle of Target, my children’s school, and any day before 6 a.m. – the streets).
One thing I love about MRTT: The diversity! I love that there are so many women at so many different stages of life and running experience, all supporting each other EVERY SINGLE DAY on the site and in real life.
- When did you start running consistently? Why did you start? 2010 – *refer to “How many kids do you have question above.*
- Where is your favorite place to run? I will run pretty much anywhere, however my favorite time to run is early, early morning. I love the calmness and the quietness of this time, as well as seeing some pretty spectacular sunrises over the years.
- Do you have a favorite race? Bucket list race? I do not have a favorite, but like many runners Boston is certainly on my bucket list.
- Current running/fitness goal? Progress not perfection and to be one step closer to a goal today than I was yesterday.
- What motivational quote keeps you working hard? I enjoy a good quote and have a few favorites that speak to me. However when things get hard (I mean really hard, like ugly-cry hard) and I need a heavy dose of motivation, I turn to people. I think of family, friends, and sometimes people I don’t even know in real life. These are people who inspire me and I call upon their strength to get me through whatever I am facing.
When it comes time to hop on a training plan, I do have a quote that is just above the bulletin board where I pin the current plan:
Free Choice Questions:
What is your go to pump up song?
Eminem, Lose Yourself – “So here I go it’s my shot. Feet fail me not, this may be the only opportunity that I got.”
What other hobbies do you have?
I love this question because so many people think I just run. Like that’s it, that’s all I do or can do. I am a major bargain shopper and love to get a great deal! I also love to cook, watch my kids play sports, be a party thrower and a party go-er (if you are over 40 sometimes this is referred to as a gathering), go biking/spinning, sample craft brews from around the country, and enjoy being creative.
I hope to meet every one who has taken the time to read this and share some miles together! Till then, run on!