Each Monday we’ll be featuring one of our awesome members. Hopefully through this you’ll find someone who has similar interest, goals, or connections as you! Enjoy!
Name: Amy Caine
How many kids or fur-babies you have: 3 step children and one dog
Location: New Boston
One thing you love you about our MRTT chapter: The enthusiastic support and meet ups
- When did you start running consistently? What prompted you to start? I started running consistently in 2005 after putting on some extra weight and seeing a picture of myself at a friend’s wedding. After my first 5K, I couldn’t stop!
- Where is your favorite place to run/workout? I love outdoor workouts, but my favorite place to run is Newport or the Cape.
- Do you have a favorite race? If not, what is on your bucket list? My two favorite races are ZOOMA Cape Cod Half because it’s beautiful and fun and the Flying Pig Half because Cincinnati is my hometown and the whole weekend is full of fun running events and visiting family!
- What is your current running/fitness goal? Right now I am working my way back from a December knee surgery and focusing on getting my base mileage back and strengthening up.
- What motivational quote or motto keeps you working hard? Ahhh, #StayStrong is probably my favorite motto because I can use it when I’m feeling challenged both mentally and physically.
Free choice questions:
What is your favorite distance to run?
My favorite distance to run is the half marathon because it’s challenging, but reachable. When I first started running I never thought I would be able to run 13.1 miles, but now I’ve done it 12 times!
Why do you run? Who do you love to run with? If you love to go solo tell us why!
I love to run with my husband because he is my biggest supporter and my favorite person, but I also love running with anyone who wants to get out there. The more the merrier (and easier) on long runs!
If you would like to be featured please email: email@example.com with Monday Feature in the subject line.